School Sport Clubs
The Amity College Basketball and Wrestling Clubs are open to all boys in year 4 to 6 who share our goals. The Amity College limit the club size to ensure a proper coach to appropriate ratio, and to accommodate everyone comfortably in our basketball.
Our Guiding Principles
Provide a positive environment where young athletes learn key life lessons through basketball and wrestling. These lessons include:
– Setting goals and working hard to achieve those goals results in rewarding success
– Take personal accountability for ones actions and results
– Respect yourself
– Respect your teammates and opponents
– Respect others
Understanding that they are role models for young athletes and coaches will always act in a way that provides positive, wholesome examples to our students and opponents.
Provide an environment where young athletes can improve their basketball in preparation to become High School basketball players.
Training generally focuses on the basics of rugby league such as passing, tackling, positional play and team strategies. Open to all BHS students in year 7-12.
• Touch football
• Cross country
Selection Process for ISD and other sport teams
• Teacher’s will make students aware of sport trials a minimum of 3 days in advance via assembly, announcement sheets and information posters
• Year 7 & 8 students will only be eligible to trial for ISD sports if they have participated in the sport before and know all the rules
• Tryouts will be held at lunch times
• At least 2 PDHPE teachers will be present to select the team
• Students will be required to train with the team, any student who fails to attend the training sessions without a valid reason will be replaced
• Training will take place during allocated lunch times in the lead up to the carnival for a minimum of 2 weeks
• Students will attend the carnival and verse up to 8 other schools in the region. Outstanding students may be selected to compete at the next level which is AICES.
• If it is an individual sport such as Tennis, Swimming or Gymnastics students may be required to show evidence of their results and then the teacher can nominate them on behalf of the school to compete.
• BHS have come runners up in the Basketball, Soccer & Touch football competition.
• GHS came 3rd in Basketball, Netball & Touch football
• Our school came 2nd overall in the Athletics ISD Carnival
• Six BHS students were selected in the AICES Soccer team
• Six students (4 GHS & 2 BHS) were selected in the AICES Cross country team
• 19 students were selected to compete at the AICES Athletics carnival
• 1 BHS student made it to the CIS level (state) for athletics
Currently we offer three after school sports clubs to GHS students. Oztag on Monday afternoons, Gym Fitness @ Michael Wenden on Wednesday’s and Basketball on Thursday afternoons.
BHS clubs will be implemented from term 3 2019 onwards.
All clubs run from 3.35-5.00pm
All students are welcome regardless of their knowledge and ability in the sport/physical activity.
Amity College offers an Outdoor Recreation Camp for all year 11 PDHPE students
We camp at Kangaroo Valley and students take part in the following activities:
– Setting up tents
– Cooking meals on portable stoves
– Making a bonfire
– Wilderness first aid
– Appreciation of the environment
– Conservation skills
– Goal setting