The aims of Amity College’s Pastoral Care program are as follows:
- Instil common humanistic values of tolerance, responsibility, compassion, courtesy, dignity, honesty, integrity, understanding, empathy and inclusion.
- Develop social skills that will enable students to survive in society and to become valuable and active participants of the community through intellectual, emotional and personal nourishment.
- Cater for the physical, mental and spiritual needs of students
Our activities are:
- Social justice projects (age care centre visits, appeals for the homeless, mentoring kids with special needs, mentoring asylum seekers, opening water wells in Africa, orphanage refurbishment overseas
- Charity campaigns
- Camps (reading, studying and activity camps open to all year levels)
- Parent programs (family visits, celebrations, seminars, BBQ days, iftar-dinner)
- Picnics and outings
- Lunch time discussions
- After school programs (studying, reading, discussions and sport activities)