The Amity College Careers Advisory services provide guidance and up-to-date information to assist students make educational, training and occupational choices.
Our objectives are:
- encourage students to value and actively engage in their learning and development of pathway plans,
- provide students with opportunities to develop appropriate skills and knowledge to effectively manage their own career development,
- present general career guidance and support at key transition points during secondary schooling and,
- provide relevant and current information regarding learning and post school options to make informed career decisions.
Our services include:
- Senior high-school pathway planning (including ATAR, Non-ATAR, VET, SBT & SBA)
- Work experience and volunteer work
- Individual counselling sessions
- Guidance through subject selections
- Career action planning seminars
- Information sessions – employability skills, the future of work, UAC applications, bonus points, EAS, scholarships, Early offers, post-school pathways…
- Career exploration sessions with professional guests from various fields
- Motivational seminars
- Expos, job-shadowing & industry visits…
In addition, our students are kept informed with the latest information through resources including:
- Careers Newsletter – emailed to years 10 to 12 students on a weekly basis.
- Amity College Careers website – accessible through Moodle to more than 100 careers resources from resume writing to subject selections, from open days to university scholarships, from course ATAR’s to job profiles…and much more to explore.
- Job Jump – our school’s subscription to this website helps students make informed and personalised career choices.
Careers Advisor – Hatice Aydogan